· The first U15 CPS meeting (Centre de Perfectionnement de Secteur) was held on Saturday 17th March at
Julien Blazy and Patrice conducted the meeting in the morning with the coaches in order to talk about the
weaknesses of the first two games, individual defense, attitude at contact and support. The following coaches
were present :-
Benoit Maingard & Howard Evans (NP)
Johan Smit (HB)
Jean Michel Gallet & Nicolas Dupavillon (WC)
55 players were present at the training session and after the meeting, a few groups were formed where the
coaches train them according to the different positions they play.
· There has been the first Senior XV gathering on Sunday 1st April at Dodo Club in order to start preparing
the National Team to participate in the Africa Cup 1C in Botswana in July. Amongst them, four U18 players
of the Development Centre were called as well :-
Contato Junior (HB), Jauffret Tommy (NP), Louis N’Gilan (NP), Hannelas Olivier (NP)
· It is now confirmed that Mauritius will participate in the Africa Cup 1C in July in Gaborone - Botswana.
The squad will leave Mauritius on the 20th and will return on the 29th July 2012.
This will be a 6 teams-tournament, teams will be divided into 2 pools of 3 teams and will play matches
against teams across the pools :-
· 1st day : Mauritius will play against Nigeria
· 2nd day : Mauritius will play against Ivory Coast
· 3rd day : Mauritius will play against Zambia
· The U18 Sevens Tournament will be held in Reunion and the date has now changed to the 30th June.
· From the 23rd to the 25th April, the players from the ‘Sport Etudes’ will travel to Reunion to play in the
UNSS tournament (Union National des Sports Scolaires). Any person / company willing to assist them
financially for that tournament, kindly contact RUM.
New Rugby Field – Edufields
The Northern Pirates made a presentation on the 18th February at Edufields and talked about the new project.
The first games were held on the new fields on the 10th March. Giovanni Hypolite has been newly recruited by
Northern Pirates as Sports Officer to work within the vulnerable groups of the north and he was given a
motorcycle to enable him to work in those regions.